Monday, August 27, 2007

Kenduri and Cute Billy goats

On Thursday night, I received a call from Mak N and cousin M. They wanted to organise my dad's tahlil on Saturday in Linggi. Which Saturday, I asked? next two days - say what? Apparently she has told her son earlier but he forgot to inform me. Actually I was quite close with this cousin when I worked in diffrent subsidiary of a holding company. It's just after my father's passing that I've treated him cooly. Well not him alone but the whole family.

It all started with Cousin OKB ( for orang Kaya Baru), who, after gotten some illgotten money through a corrupted politician, started calling my father by his name, when he should have referred to him as Pakcik/ Uncle and started making rude/ kurang ajar comments . We were quite close with A, my father recommended him for work and always visited him when we were in Seremban.

Eversince then, we sort of go to their mum's house, Mak N, a new one built by A only on harirayas and we would nip in a few minutes just for the sake of going there. We would happily give the house a miss if not for my dad, who insisted .

On the days in the hospital when dad was in coma, naturally everyone from my dad's family came. Mak N's sons, daughters and sons in law came. A's wife, kak L and daughter came, altho we didn't like him, we didn't extend it to his wife and daughter. A came too, a day later, loudly commenting tak lamalah tu. Kak A, whom I remembered as not all there, came also. I used to dislike talking to her as she was tactless and annoying. She came and commented something, which before, when faced with these comments, I would reflect that as she is older, I would just keep quiet. Well I aint small any longer and I refused to be pushed around. Cousin M came daily, to give his support, I was thankful for that but he pissed us off when he loudly commented that the man next to dad was dying.

Orang sebelah ni tak lama lagilah tu, muka dah pucat dah..

My sister and I were embarrassed. The man's sister was there beside him. And my sister ticked him off.

There is no end to the tactless of this family. In Linggi, after prayers, Kak An came to me and asked me

Bila dr cabut abah ...

Cabut!! Cabut Apa!!

I lost my head.

So, when they said they want to organise the tahlil, you know how hard for us to go. My brother and sister's first reaction was no- but they were doing it for Abah and Abah would have wanted us to be there.


I was late.. and I happily can put the blame on Dh. I was beside myself ..yelah.. I could hear the tongues wagging - orang kampung kan but decided what the hell. I nagged DH constantly, we can't be late for the event.. it is my dad's tahlil. But fell on deaf ears.. He said , they wouldn't have it on time. True enough, they were almost finishing the doa. GRR .. Why can't he understand when my dad's family say it's 1, it'll start at one.


We spent there- I think the longest that we have spent in the house. Of the children of my N, there were a few exceptions of course. Cousin R ( he himself a grandfather)was so close to Abah, till now the the mere mention of his name made him cry.
We then went to late Mak Ncik's house next door.




Now we love going to the house. We used to spend hours sometimes overnight there. Arwah Mak Ncik was kind. Now her son and daughter in law Kak Z lives there. They have geese and cute billy goats. The geese.. jgn main2.. when they see you approach they 'd put their head forward and dive straight at you. You have got to run very fast at least to the house, then they wouldn't go near you.










And the billy goats were so cute. The kids had whale of a time playing with the goats.. tho.. they were scared of them initially. Tina slipped and fell. And Kak Z's daughter Nani , showed Adik and Tina how to hold the tame goats. We managed to capture shots of the goats on its hind legs - nak capai the leaves from rambutan tree.






Afterwards we went to Abah's grave, sedekah yasin. Mum brought flowers and plant them near the newly made tombstone. Tina was initially afraid she said there were noises.










My current favourite song


Hurt
Christina Aquilera

Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face

You told me how proud you were but I walked away

If only I knew what I know today

I would hold you in my arms

I would take the pain away

Thank you for all you've done

Forgive all your mistakes

There's nothing I wouldn't do

To hear your voice again

Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself by hurting you

Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit

Sometimes I just want to hide 'cause it's you I miss

You know it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this

Would you tell me I was wrong?

Would you help me understand?

Are you looking down upon me?

Are you proud of who I am?

There's nothing I wouldn't do

To have just one more chance

To look into your eyes and see you looking back
I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myselfIf I had just one more day,

I would tell you how much that I've missed you since you've been away

Oh, it's dangerous

It's so out of line to try to turn back time

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself

By hurting you

4 comments:

MAMAMIA said...

Berani anak2 U dukung kambing tu. Tak busuk ke? But the place looked clean enough...

Minahsongeh said...

Actually anak2 I tak dukung pun.. Anak my cousin yang dukung. Surprisingly tak busuk pun. Kandang tu very clean..

Superwomanwannabe said...

I LOVE that song..she really really can carry the song..selalu meleleh dengar

MAMAMIA said...

Drop by my blog. Ada something for U...