Friday, June 29, 2007

Motivation and Health

Nearing the big 40 I must strive to be healthy and adapt positive outlook in life. Easier said and done. How many times have I went detox, on a diet and then find myself gorging on unhealthy chocolates ( there are healthy chocolates- but a bit difficult to find in malaysia- may be organic shops- or I'd probably resort to making my own cocoa drink) , fast food or even junk food. On time I'd go all organic next time I'd be gorging mamee or- Ferrero Rocher or Nuss- Have you ever tasted this wafer- it is so good.

Anyway, if I can't exactly follow Fat flush at least I'd try to do what she advocate.
1. Drink Lemon in the morning

The value of eating lemons is reported by Jethro Kloss in his book Back to Eden:
“It is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis [the presence of pathogenic bacteria] or putrefaction [decomposition of tissue]. It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities.”
Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently thus controlling constipation and diarrhea.

Sufferers of chronic rheumatism and gout will benefit by taking lemon juice, also those who have a tendency to bleed, uterine hemorrhages, etc.; rickets and tuberculosis.

In pregnancy, it will help to build bone in the child. We find that the lemon contains certain elements which will go to build up a healthy system and keep that system healthy and well. As a food, we find, owing to its potassium content, it will nourish the brain and nerve cells. Its calcium builds up the bony structure and makes healthy teeth.

“Its magnesium, in conjunction with calcium, has an important part to play in the formation of albumen in the blood. The lemon contains potassium 48.3, calcium 29.9, phosphorus 11.1, magnesium 4.4. Lemons are useful in treating asthma, biliousness, colds, coughs, sore throat, diphtheria, la grippe [flu or influenza], heartburn, liver complaint[s], scurvy, fevers and rheumatism.”

I can attest to how good it is preventing cough. Last week I had teribble sore throat. I was determine not to let it be until I get runny nose or cough. So I drank lemon juice and honey twice a day , vitamin C, put on the revitalisor with essential oils of eucalyptus , tea tree and rose and wala.. by the 4th day I'm cured. No sore throat, no runny nose or cough.

2. Take psyllium husk daily

From the journal of dietic research Canada

There is strong evidence that psyllium has laxative properties and promotes colonie function. There is some indication that psyllium may decrease the glycemic response of foods and, thereby, may help to regulate blood glucose concentrations, possibly aiding in the control of diabetes and decreasing hunger to aid with weight loss and preventing overweight and obesity.

There is also strong evidence to indicate that psyllium decreases serum cholesterol levels and therefore may be helpful in decreasing risk of coronary heart disease. However, while the laxative and cholesterol-lowering properties of psyllium are well established, its role in preventing other colonic diseases and controlling or preventing diabetes and weight gain is less clear.

Bowel movements are the basis of your health. If you don't have at least 1 bowel movement per day, you are already walking your way toward disease.

I haven't been taking this fiber as often as I should. And still have a bit of it in my office and lots at home. I am not a dilligent supplement taker- I always forget. Last week my officemate complained of stomach upset - bloating and pain. I gave her my bit of psyllium that was left in my office. She took it and the next morning felt so good that she wanted to buy some. But of course remember to drink lots

No comments: