Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Visitors

I am so nervous. I feel a knot in my stomach. The fact that the air con is so cold does not help.

We are having some visitors from Dubai and there will be a finance presentation later on.

The last time I felt this nervous was when I was with Sepang Circuit and I had to go to the first procurement meeting with HQ. I didn't have a car so I had to hitch a ride with a colleague. I was so nervous that I brought the Asmaul husna book along and recite some of the verses on the way. Ya awwal for job to run smoothly, Ya Muta'ali zikir when faced with someone of power and so forth. I remember holding the book and recite them together with Bhai. After a while the meetings ceased to make me nervous. As time goes by the chairmans understood our problems and were very supportive. One particular chairman, Datuk K was always cracking jokes. On my last day at Sepang ( a year ago), I asked the question. At that time rumours about Datuk K and Siti was the talk of the town. So I asked this Datuk K if he was the one, He said~ sadly no.

Looking back I was glad I was made the secretary for the meetings. I learnt a lot from them.

No comments: