Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thankful

I always thot how lucky it is to be rich, beautiful, and successful. Nowadays I'd settle for happiness. I think we should be thankful for what we have and if we don't appreciate the moment/ day we would never be happy. I know someone who has a loving, generous husband, but always seemed unhappy. First she wanted a husband, she got one who doted on her, criticised her family for not including her in the wedding preparation. Next she wanted follow her husband to where her husband lives, I figured that's fair. When she moved, two weeks later she wanted to go back to her mum. Next she wanted a baby and moaned about it. Got herself a baby and then moaned about being bored and wanted a car. This woman will never be happy. Problem is she gives out negative vibes to her husband taking both her baby and husband down.

Looking at her, how good, generous and tolerant her husband is, I wonder what's with her. When she merajuk, the husband will always pujuk. Her husband planned to give her something for their anniversary , things some of us never get, she gets quite an allowance from her husband for staying at home.

My husband never realised when I merajuk so I never bother. He rarely give me anniversary pressie, allowance when I was a housewife. Missed my b'day..I would membebel but leave the house? No. I once told my colleague, my husband never gives me roses and he told me be thankful he never give me thorns. I am thankful I've got a loving husband absent minded /preocuppied/inattentive at times. I am thankful for the lovely three daughters that I've got, for our health and what we have. Alhamdulillah.

I found some poem of the net on Thankful.

Be Thankful
When you get what you want as your struggle for self
And the world makes you queen for a day,
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that woman has to say.
For it isn't your father or mother or husband
Who's judgement upon you must pass;
The person whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.
She's the person to please,
never mind all the rest
,For she's with you clear up to the end.
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the woman in the glass if your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life
,And get pats on your back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the woman in the glass.


Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know everything,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
because it will build your strength and character
.Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference