Thursday, May 04, 2006

Soap story

You'd think this is trivial but I've finished my soap. I am a bit particular on skincare and bodycare. No parabens or SLS in my skincare/bodycare. So I've got limited choice in Malaysia. The only Malaysian produced products without all that is from I green but I don't quite like them because the have tea tree in almost all their product and they smell a bit like dettol. Well tea tree is good no doubt I use it for blemishes and for douche. But I've fallen in love rose bulgarian smell and I want it in my soap. The supplier that has it sell it for 40USD for 8 oz. Expensive, well the pure rose otto cost USD 70 for 3ml and may be more if you want it organic and steam distilled like me. So I've decided to make my own skincare/bodycare. Starting with soap and moisturiser. I've ordered the product from nature's gift and can't wait for them to arrive. And I am going to make my own soap. Before this, I would buy qisty I green products since she's smaller. Kakak and adik (no 2 is called adik), I would buy the usual shamppo because they tend to finish shampoo and soap fairly quick. Main sabun bila mandi. So if I were to make my own, everyone can use it.And I may choose whatever ingredient in the soap , all natural stuff no chemical except potassium / sodium hydroxide to make soap, which will not be there once the soap is made. I will give free samples to family and friends..

Why the fuss about paraben and SLS.
There are a few research confirming paraben and breast tumours and its adverse effect in male production.
http://www.docshill.com/parabens/cornell_bc2.html

Preservative chemicals found in samples of breast tumours probably came from underarm deodorants, UK scientists have claimed.
The new research was led by molecular biologist Philippa Darbre, at the University of Reading. She says that the ester-bearing form of parabens (para-hydroxybenzoic acids) found in the tumours indicates it came from something applied to the skin, such as an underarm deodorant, cream or body spray.
"One would expect tumours to occur evenly, with 20 per cent arising in each of the five areas of the breast," Darbre told New Scientist. "But these results help explain why up to 60 per cent of all breast tumours are found in just one-fifth of the breast - the upper-outer quadrant, nearest the underarm."
More info
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/Products/Toxics/index.cfm

No comments: