Monday, May 15, 2006

Inna lillahi wa innah ilaihi raji'un!!

May Allah Grant her a Place in Al-Jannah Amin. My aunty, Che Tum passed away on Thursday. In the morning, I got a call from sister who told me she passed away. I called cousin Surya, whose family can be depended on the latest going ons, and she said Che tum has not passed away, and I 've got to call back and forths to confirm. The actual scenario is that Suria's family didn't want to inform her yet as she was driving to KLIA ( quite the opposite of me, I have to travel from KLIA to Shah Alam and she has to travel from Shah Alam to KLIA). After settling where the the bathing and kapan will be and where the funeral will take place, I went to Surya's mum's place (Mak cik Asmah's) to be lead to Kak Yan's ( Che Tum's daughter) house in Bukit Jelutung.

Washing and Shrouding
In preparation for burial, the family or other members of the community will wash and shroud the body. (If the deceased was killed as a martyr, this step is not performed; martyrs are buried in the clothes they died in.) The deceased will be washed respectfully, with clean and scented water, in a manner similar to how Muslims make ablutions for prayer. The body will then be wrapped in sheets of clean, white cloth (called the kafan
).

I assisted in the washing and Shrouding the body and later went back home. Kakak, adik, DH and then went to Linggi for the burial. We got lost going to Linggi as Dh took the wrong turn. Luckily we reached there in time for the burial.

Allahyarham Che Tum was a kind and generous person. She was my dad's older sister and lived in Linggi a village off Port Dickson, my Mum and Dad's kampung. Her house was the station for our visit whenever we go back to Linggi for Hari raya or other festivities. We will miss her..

No comments: