Friday, April 28, 2006

Lost 2 kilos

I have lost two kilos. And can wear the baju kebaya that the last time I wore ~ to the present work interview .. as I was getting out of the car, 5 top buttons opened, tight that it was. Today not one of the buttons opened. hehehe..
Does it take willpower to lose weight?May be it does.. I have been trying so the past month, getting the PDA, so that I could track my food intake and exercise(using the software My Personal Diet and My food training). I ate brown rice instead of white but still ate sambal tumis, an occasional masak lemak cili padi and nasi lemak..esp sambal tumis ikan bilis..cant resist 'em ikan bilis, but I was doing exercise 5 times a week(45-60 mins), aerobics plus weight. I could feel my muscle beneath those layers of fat, but it was slow. Slow but surely? I don't know. I was doing some form of fat flush, the 3rd phase without doing the 1st. Finally when my sister,Ida said she'd start.. now that i have a buddy, I started off, this time staying almost true to the programme while doing 20-45 minutes of T-tapp and a wonderful programme called The Bar Method. Teresa of T-tapp is in her 40s while Burr is in her late 50's they both look wonderful. I've had these (fat free and designer sculpting- bar method) tapes for ages bought them when I read review at collage video (www.collagevideo.com) or at videofitness (www.videofitness.com), but restarted after recently rereading the review. I'd be itching for new videos/DVDs when reading reviews at collage or videofitness. How many have I got?..well I make an inventory list later. I love exercising to videos, it's like having life instructors ( t-tapp, bar method, the firm, pilates, yoga, belly dancing, latin dance) in front of you and I've got to have varieties or I'd get bored. Hence the collection. I've enrolled myself at gyms but I got bored..well the gyms in the jin bertendang Sepang are kinda small.. treadmills, a couple of steppers, bicycles, rowers, a few free weights ~ first few weeks oklah but after a while.. now which equipment do i start with today... is the change to the routine.. sorrylah no go.. perhaps if it has yoga, pilates, aerobic or tai chi.classes then it would be interesting. But, I'd prefer my own instructor..I can do whenever I please without having to really dress up for it.&. drive to it. How do I stick to the routine someone asked? Well first you've got to start slow.. If you've been sedetary, it's advisable to start slow, start with beginners programme and start with 20 minutes, then increase 10 minutes thereafter.. Creater of the Firm exercise videos suggest you aim for 3 times a week and gradually increase to 5-6 times a week. Aim for 20 and then 50 and then 100 exercises.. Once you've done it for like 25 times you'd get used to it and whenever you do not do it you'd feel lethargic. May be I sound like I'm preaching, sorrylah kekawan usually what I write here is like reminder to myself.. Yelah write it down, it'll stick to my brain or something.

Dieting.. I would advise if you follow well known nutritionist like Ann Gittleman of the Fat Flush, Dr Sears from zone diet, Dr Atkins, Dr Agatston's South Beach Diet or the man made, god made Diet from Teresa Tapp. You need to have some form of protein, carbo and fat, well balance instead of taking teh tarik in the morning with biscuits, and then lunch biscuit and dinner bread. Sugar in the teh tarik and biscuit will spike your blood sugar and by lunch time dah rasa ravenously hungry and consume more bread by dinner.

Why I chose fat flush.. Atkins I thot macam weird..yelah..all that fats and proteins and miss out fruit and good vegetables and legumes.
Zone is all right but you've got to maintain the protein, carbs, fat ratio 40%, 30%,30%, I found it tedious calculating the ratio..how many blocks of protein , carb and fat,I know the rule of the thumb is one fist full of protein and three fistfulls of vegetables, but still.. calculating everymeal - breakfast, snack between breakfast and lunch, lunch, snack between lunch and dinner and then dinner.. phew.. I've tried this.. it's good but tedious.

South beach diet works on the idea that carbs cause weight gain, which is similar to the Atkins diet, however the South Beach diet does not eliminate carbs completely. It divides them into 'good' carbs (e.g. high fibre cereals, wheat breads) and 'bad' carbs (e.g. biscuits, pasta). 'Bad' carbs make you feel full temporarily, but cause your blood sugar levels to rise sharply. When they fall again they leave you feeling lethargic and hungry. The South Beach diet also differentiates between 'good' fats (monounsaturated) and 'bad' fats (saturated). You eat 3 healthy balanced meals a day and snacks are allowed, however, by eating the right kinds of foods you will feel fuller for longer. It is almost like Fat flush as it has three phases, but I've never tried this diet... may be read more about it. Sounds reasonable. Apparently Bill and Hilary tried this diet.

Teresa Tapp's easier, you eat god made food for 4 days and the next day man made and repeat. God made, everything..except potatoes and corn but no processed food, all natural.. meaning, sugar is no but honey is ok, no kicap, oil one teaspoon for every meal, no white rice but brown is ok, nothing processed, all in its natural form no white flour, white bread,.protein will be lean beef, chicken, fish etc... and the man made day you can eat everything pizza, hotdogs.., chocolates what ever your heart desire for that one day and back to god made . And you'll have to do T-tapp, the exercise. 14 days in a row and every other day, (EOD) thereafter if you want to lose 2 dress size, 7 days and EOD for one dress size and 4 days and EOD for maintaining. As with Fat flush and other detox programme, Teresa recommends that you dry brush everyday. What is dry brushing.. that later.. ( T-tapp exercise..introduced by sya is really good)

Shila, you can do it.. I'm sure.. if not fat flush, any of the diets above perhaps you tak payah diet pun ok aja i tengok. Intan has done fat flush and she loved it. Nani said she wants to try.. Jom kekawan...towards a healthy life.. As I said I write all this as a reminder to myself..

5 comments:

sya said...

Zue.. kalau exercise I can follow tapi makan i ikut style melayu ajer cuma kurangkan nasi dan gravy

Minahsongeh said...

Actually, fat flush yg I buat tu i melayukan.modify sikit sebab masakan melayu ni banyak pakai minyak. nasib baik herbs dia recommend tu mmg senang nak dapat sini ketumbar, jintan, cili merah, kunyit. Yg susah cranberry juice tu, tapi dah banyak jual kat pharmarcy sekarang.
I pernah terbaca cerita on succesful dieters. Most of them recommend eating your fav dish once a week..tak lah rasa deprieved and at least there is something you'd look fwd to bila macam tu u tend to stick with it. I will probably do that bila habis phase 1 and two ni..Detox ni bagus jugak.. at least kluar toxin, and sihat rasa badan. Sekarang ni I don't have craving for nasi or munchy's...

shila said...

hey ! Congrats!! TWO KILOS at our age is really something to shout about man....I can't even manage 1!! Go for it - I will try to "compete" with you he he he- but dont think so lar.....betol kena willpower. But since hubby is getting FAT maybe he should try fatflush.ha ha ha!!

shila said...

hey ! Congrats!! TWO KILOS at our age is really something to shout about man....I can't even manage 1!! Go for it - I will try to "compete" with you he he he- but dont think so lar.....betol kena willpower. But since hubby is getting FAT maybe he should try fatflush.ha ha ha!!

Minahsongeh said...

compete I don't think so as I have more to lose. I just feel that if I don't do it.I'll just balloon up. I've reached the weight that I have never reached all my life. Exercise I can do.. it's the eating I can't control..