Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fat Flush Prt 2

I have done a week of Fat Flush..yay.. Let me tell you a bit on Fat Flush..

It is a detox programme created by Ann Gittleman, a wellknown nutritionist in USA. There are three phases.
Phase 1 Detoxification of the Liver
According to Ann ~Liver supports the digestive system, controls blood sugar and regulates fat storage. It stores and mobilizes energy, and produces more proteins than any other organ in the body. It also regulates your blood flow and, if you're a woman, keeps your menstrual cycles running smoothly.One of your liver's most important functions, though - and the one most crucial to your weight loss - is chemically breaking down everything that enters your body, from the healthiest bite of organic food to the poisonous pesticides that linger on your salad; from the purest filtered water to a cup of coffee; from your daily vitamin and mineral supplements to your doctor-prescribed blood-pressure medication.It's your liver's job to distinguish between the nutrients you need to absorb and the dangerous or unnecessary substances that must be filtered out of your bloodstream. But when the liver is clogged and overwhelmed with toxins, it can't do a very effective job of processing nutrients and fats.

Phase 1 is for minimum two weeks and more if you have more to lose. You may eat 8 oz of protein ( fish, beef, seafood,chicken )a day plus two eggs, unlimited vegetables and 2 portions of fruits, no salt ( except those with low blood pressure), no sugar except stevia (a natural sweetener with 0-2 calories), no oil except flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil. No rice, bread. She also recommends cranberry juice for flushing the toxins, milk thistle and dandelion for the liver, psyllium husk for the digestion.

Phase 2 gradually increase carb like sweet potato and Multigrain bread made with sourdough.

and Phase 3 is the lifestyle program which include brown rice, sweeteners like honey, fats like coconut cream , olive oil among others.

Of course like other diet programmes Atkins, South Beach and Zone ,white flour, white bread aand white rice has no place in this diet.. I'll write more on why we must banish these whities..

How was my week? It was ok except for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday dinner I cheated as I was at mak buntat's had 2 cubes of lontong- no dinner for that day and Sunday I had 2 tablespoon of nasi lemak and at night I had ikan bakar etc.. no rice but still you never know what preservatives or flavours they put.. but other than that my clothes are getting looser and I feel great.. When hungry I'll grab jicama ( sengkuang`~ veggies are unlimited and it is the only vegetable that does not taste like other veggies).

Ok.. Easier said than done..banish whities go natural..for an orang nogori like me it is extremely difficult to go without masak lemak cili padi my absolutely fav dish, (lucky I may have it in Phase3), and nasi lemak and sambal belacan/ tumis. ( nasib baik I may have cayenne powder in all phases) aand the Adom clan has engagements,weddings line up for May, June and July...my goodness nasi minyak..( not that I like them) but...

No comments: